Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show and Tell.

You may have noticed that over the course of the past two months I haven't been blogging much. In fact, I would be surprised if I have posted over ten entries since June. Well that's because I have been hiding a really, really big secret...a secret I can not hide for much longer because, well - my pants are getting snug.

Yes, you read right! I'm going to be a mommy!!! I am 12 weeks and doing just fine. I have struggled with the morning (more like all day) sickness, but luckily that's beginning to subside. My books and websites tell me that peanut [which is what we call the baby] is about the size of a plum or a lime, has all functioning systems, and basically looks like a really tiny baby with a really big head.

Nate and I are so very excited. I have wanted to shout it from the rooftops, but my neighbors may have thought I was insane.

I have suffered from writer's block because every time I would go to write a blog I would want to say something about being "the crazy pregnant lady who cries over commercials" or "the crazy preggers chick that makes her boss leave his office so she can throw up in his trash can" - oh yeah, been there - done that.

I promise not to make this a totally baby related blog, but I'm sure it will come up from time to time :) Having that huge elephant sitting in my room while writing was causing some serious issues - it should be free flowing henceforth.

Yay blogger friends, you now share my secret!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Congrats!!!!

Laura said...

Congradulations!! The sickness usually subside by about three months unless you are one of the unlucky individuals, as I was, that have it the entire 9 months! I had to take Zofran my ENTIRE pregnancy to keep from throwing up every 1 1/2 hours through out the day! But... morning sickness or not... the end result is worth more than words can say!!

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! :) When are you due? My sister is pregnant and is due on Jan. 25th, actually, just about everyone I know here is pregnant and due around that time! :) I'm happy for you two though!!!!

Amber said...

yay!!! congrats! i'm so excited for you and i can't wait to hear more! you are going to be adorable with a pregnant belly & you will be a great momma!

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling you were pregnant!!! YOu made comments that you were not feeling well and I knew you and Nate were going to try soon! Tell Nate I said congrats! He is going to be a great dad! When is your due date? You make the 15th person i know this year to be expecting! Congrats!
Lisa E

Anonymous said...

Eeeeek! YAYYYYYYY! Aw Jess, that's AWESOME! I knew it as soon as you left that comment. ;) Wonderful news! I'm so happy for yall!

Anonymous said...

that last anonymous comment was from me. i sent it from my phone.