Yes, those dreaded words have just recently entered my vocabulary of pregnancy. I was again admitted to the hospital Tuesday night after having consistent contractions. They were 3 minutes apart for a good 8-10 hours. Thankfully, no dilation - but with contactions like that, it is/was sure to start.
Friends, I believe in the power of prayer. I had been given 1 shot and two different kinds of pills when the nurse came in and gave me a second shot and said this was my "last chance" before I was to be put on magnesium - a very, very powerful drug with terrible side effects for me. I mean the thought of being put on it made me cry. Before that nurse left, she laid her hand on my arm and prayed that my contractions would stop and reminded me that we have faith and claim it. She came in two hours later (4am at this point) to tell me that I was doing wonderfully and I was not going to have to take the magnesium. Prayer works even when medicine doesn't want to.
I am now on a pill every 6 hours as needed for my contractions - and I've needed it every six hours since I left. They just will not stay away on their own. The medicine makes me jittery and my heart race and the little man usually gets the hiccups when I take it, but it has effectively kept them away.
If I'm being completely honest - they just want me to make it to 34 weeks (which thankfully is next Saturday, Jan 2) then they won't make me go back into the hospital if I start having them again they'll just let them come. The thing with these contractions is - the doctor told me that I could keep having them for weeks and weeks and the baby not come because technically there is no dilation so I'm not in labor. It's just that at almost 33 weeks, it's too much of a risk for them to allow me to continue to have them. We don't want our little boy here just yet! They have reassured me that if he did come, he would be fine - would just be in the hospital for a little while, but he would be fine.
So, I am asking that you please pray for the peanut. And pray that these darn contractions STOP!! I can't wait to hold my baby boy, but I want him to wait a few more weeks! Thanks everyone!
3 comments:
Goodness! We don't need a Christmas baby! I'll be sure to say some prayers! Take it easy, mama!
What a neat story. Pretty cool the nurse prayed with you! Many prayers for you guys during this time!! s
I will say some prayers that lil man stays in that belly a little longer! He is an eager baby! :)
Post a Comment