2009 come and gone already!? Every year seems to come and go faster and faster as I get older, and I have a feeling that with a baby coming oh-so-soon it's not about to slow down. It's time to focus in on enjoying every day as it comes and stop wishing for Friday or next Tuesday or that vacation months away to hurry up and get here because - well my gosh! it will be here and gone before you even know it!
It has been a good year for Nate and I - we were able to take a few vacations, including our one big trip overseas to London, celebrating our second anniversary, and my cake business grew and grew hitting an all-time high with my first wedding cake! (p.s. I'll be back in business some time around late Feb./early March - so go ahead and get your cake orders ready and in!) But, no doubt when we reflect back on 2009 we will remember all of the times circling around the pregnancy with our first child. Taking the at-home test (June 5, 2009), telling our parents (June 6, 2009), hearing the heartbeat for the first time (168 bpm), getting our first glimpse of the little one (it's a boy!), and making it together through morning sickness (13 weeks of it), weird migrane/contact issues that caused me to lose vision, round ligament pain, and two visits to the hospital for pre-term labor.
It's been a roller coaster ride straight from Six Flags, but we could not be more excited to meet our little man - who apparently is really excited to meet us too, but God willing he won't come until 2010 (he's still got about 11 hours, and nothing would shock me at this point!) haha
All in all, I have enjoyed '09 and am looking very much forward to 2010. A new baby and all that comes with it. Nate and I still plan to travel (I know it will be harder with a baby - got the memo) and I can't wait to see which destination we pick! We have a "bucket list" of sorts for the traveling hotspots we want to visit at some point in our long lives together - and baby peanut just may be one of the best traveled kids of his time...at least we hope :)
I wish all of you a very Happy New Year in 2010!
1 comment:
Aw I got a tear reading the part about your pregnancy. :)
I hope your 2010 is wonderful. Its going to be crazy, with the new baby, but my Lord, its truly a beautiful experience.
Post a Comment