Monday, November 1, 2010

I miss blogging.  It's true, I do.  Well, to be truthful, I miss writing and giving people the option to follow and read it or not.  Is that the definition of blogging?  I think I'm a good writer (well, decent) and I communicate much better on paper, because there I can formulate my thoughts ahead of time and actually be witty, and possibly even make a good point now and then.  In real life, I think of something funny about 10 minutes after "the moment" has passed.  And though I spend literally hours in the car per week thinking of what to write about (weird, I know), when I sit down at the computer, nothing comes.  All those clever ideas?  Gone.  Little quips?  Out the window.

I think my problem is just getting going.  That first post after my five month hiatus.  I figure, the best way to get over this hump is just to give a general update.  Then my random thoughts, pictures and ideas will pour out?  One can only hope.  Here's a list:

1.  My baby boy is about to be 9 months old (Wednesday).  Nuts, I know.  He's standing up by himself and trying to walk already.  Bless him.  He's also in the 95 percentile on everything.  Who knew I'd birth a giant?  Love, love this kid. 


2.  Sometimes you wonder if you've done the right thing in life.  Right?  Saturday night I was up with said sweet boy above at 1:25a.m.  It dawned on me that while I soothed my teething baby, my friends were out drinking with sexy costumes on while I sat in a rocking chair half asleep.  Then I realized...there is no way in the world I would trade places.  (Don't get me wrong, I would have fun if I went with them - that's not the point.)  This is where I'm supposed to be.  Here with my boys (and chocolate dog).  It was just that little confirmation you get every once in a while that you might be on the right track.

3.  I'm still making cakes.  Just finished my 3rd wedding cake this past weekend!  I also have slacked off on my cake blog.  If I'm feeling super ambitious, I'll update it tonight after Little Man goes night-night.  Don't hold your breath though.  This is a pic of the second I've done.


4.  I'm part-time paralegal, full-time Mommy, and part-time cake maker.  It makes for one busy woman.  Oh, and a wife, and friend, and daughter, and sister, and time management is important.

5.  I'm ready for the Holidays.  I usually get mad at Christmas music the day after Halloween, but you know what - being a mother has taught me a valuable lesson in appreciating and embracing every day.  No use in avoiding happiness.  Plus, I get to be Santa Clause this year! 

6.  I went to New York a couple weekends ago.  Mark that one off the bucket list!  I'll post more on that adventure later.

7.  I'm liking the way this writing thing is feeling...I'll be back y'all!

No comments: