I finished Course 1 of my cake class tonight!! I got a certificate and everything! We started learning how to do roses (which are effing hard) and I was really pleased with my cake. Bear in mind, the cake should be 2 layers, but my Mom and I have been splitting the cake mixes so we don't waste it. I would do this cake again for a bridal shower or something, but would definitely make it a lot taller.
Apparently, Course 2 focuses a lot on flowers and we will only be making one actual cake. Good times!
4 comments:
The roses are really good! The cake looks great! Congrats! I think you might have a hidden talent revealed here!
I might take you up on your offer! I had actually thought about asking you before if you would be doing wedding cakes by December. I know you haven't done any yet, but I have a feeling you will be good at it! :)
Question: How do you eat all the cakes you make?
Lisa E
@Lisa - haha, well this rose cake I brought to work. Nate has taken one to work before. I've only actually thrown one away. I just give them away :)
I just got into baking and was thinking about trying a class. Your cake looks great!
Post a Comment