It was recently pointed out to me that I am a magnet for trouble and/or bad karma. Yes, I was shocked, too. Forced to reflect, I can say that - holy cow I have had some random things happen to me within the last 5 years or so.
Thankfully, only a few of these events were catastrophic or seriously painful (physically or emotionally) but it does seem like it's always something. Just since September, for example: I have been in 2 car accidents, my dog nearly died of yuck, my Grandmama passed away, her granddaughter stole ALL of her money (don't EVEN get me started on that), Nate screwed up his ankle, and now had completely messed up his back at work. Can anyone say insurance claims? Ugh.
Now, I'm sure that these events may be comparatively small to others - and I am quite sure that a lot of people have it way worse.
Point is - even with all of those petty things pointed out - until yesterday, I never even considered that I was "unlucky." And, I still don't. I actually feel super blessed. I'm pretty sure that my faith in God has everything to do with my positive outlook on life. I am of the opinion that "If God brings you to it - He'll bring you through it" and all of these events in hindsight were a breeze compared to how terribly things could have gone, or how difficult it would have been to go-it alone.
Dwelling on the negatives can't possibly feel like living a full life. Sure we all hit some bumps in the road, and sometimes things just flat out go wrong. But realizing (and being thankful) that we have our family, friends, occasional good fortune, and just the privilege of being alive are all plenty to help me look over the minor set-backs.
3 comments:
I don't think you are unlucky at all. I think you are a great person and you are very uplifting to be around! Have a wonderful day!
@Linda - You just made my day! I don't feel unlucky! It's strange to see how others perceive your life though! I miss you - we need a reunion soon!
well said!
Post a Comment