Monday, February 16, 2009

Mission Accomplished.

So....I FINISHED THE TWILIGHT SERIES!

I read half of the third, and the entire fourth book in 2 days. Only stopping to eat, drink, and other human neccessities that vampires don't have to deal with. Nate laughed at me, but I got so into it, and just wanted to know what happened! Finally, I convinced him that if he would just leave me alone for a while, I'd be done and it would be over.

And now, it's over. And I'm sad. What am I supposed to read now!? Any suggestions?

I highly recommend this series to anyone that has not read it yet. I realize that it's not for everyone - there are vampires, magic and it really is geared toward teenagers/young adults. If you like Harry Potter there is a good chance you will love this (though they aren't remotely the same). This is a love story between a vampire and a very lucky girl.

I was extremely pleased with the storyline, even though a few times I thought the author was crazy as hell for some of the things she was writing - and I can say that her writing did nothing but improve throughout the series. The last book is about 5 steps up on the writing skill level from the first - it's almost like someone else wrote it.

Only complaint, and it's not really even a complaint, but these books get kinda sexual. Hah! And while that's fine with me (as an adult) it's very strange to think of my 11 year old cousin reading a story that involved pillows being ripped to shreds by teeth....I'll leave it at that.

Loved it, loved it. And, I have a pretty large crush on Edward. It's kinda ridiculous, but hopefully the pain in my heart will subside as time goes on! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you're saying... its like Edward just broke up with you or something... I hate that it ended. Everyone I've talked to has said (and I agree) that Stephenie should write a 5th book about Renesme and Jacob, but I hear she isn't.
I, too, liked the 4th book best, all except I felt like Edward's character, that had been so strong throughout, became very weak.
I've started the Sookie Stackhouse books, I forget the actual name of the series, but they're by Charlaine Harris--they're the books that were turned into the series True Blood on HBO. Dunno if you'd like to read them, but its a suggestion! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG JESS! You have joined the ranks of team Edward. I myself am a member lol. I absolutely love these books and I felt actual physical pain when I had finished them. If you want to read more Stephenie Meyer and really see a difference in her writing then I suggest The Host. Though it may be difficult to get into if you are just coming off of Twilight. I know that sounds weird but I know people who couldn't get into it because all they could associate her with was Twilight, which is a real shame because it is an excellent book. It actually made me cry several times. Its one of those books that makes you smile while you read or laugh out loud at something funny and everyone around you thinks your weird. Actually, that happens to me a lot. oh well lol. I also suggest The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Its the first in a new series. It too is excellent and I devoured it in a few hours. Anyway, I could suggest books all day, but I'll just leave it at those two. If you read one I hope you enjoy it!

Amber said...

I hated the feeling that it was over and not knowing what to do next! It's was hard to let go of Edward. I haven't found any books to compare to the feeling you get when reading those! If you go to the author's website you can read some of the book that she almost published, but because some of it was released she may not ever publish it. It's Twilight, but from Edward's point of view. I wish she would finish it and publish it!!! Btw, your heart does feel better with time!