Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Course 2: Complete!

Guys, I finished Course 2 tonight, and this is the final product!



Everything on the cake is edible! The basket weave technique on the side is beautiful, and I'm happy with the way all of the flowers turned out. I'm very pleased with it! Course 3 starts soon and that's an intro to fondant (which is what you see on like Ace of Cakes). That's what I really want to know how to do, so I'm looking forward to it!

I have a few weeks off from class so I promise to actually get back to writing about interesting topics (I definitely have a few in mind) and not so much about cakes. Happy Tuesday!


4 comments:

Julie Downs said...

The cake looks beautiful! Isn't cake decorating so much fun? I love it but never have the time anymore with Jax!

Amber said...

You did an excellent job! The basket weave is perfect and the flowers are beautiful! Can't wait to see the fondant cakes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Its really pretty, Jessica!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Is the basket weave hard to do?

Lisa E