Friday, August 28, 2009

Exhausted.

I have pushed myself to the brink of sheer exhaustion this week. With working extra time, dinner with my favorite, birthday celebrations, and a four hour fantasy football draft - I'm worn out. Tonight I will go home, bathe, don my pajamas and hopefully not move until about 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I am a whopping four months preggers today! Still doing well - and this time next week, we'll know if it's a boy or girl!!! Our appointment is next Friday at 8:30 a.m.! I am so very excited. After that will come the real planning, registering, thinking about showers, wall colors, bedding - oh! I'm so excited!

I'm mostly just excited to finally see my peanut! Everyone and their mother's aunt's sister's girlfriend has told me I should have seen it by now, but damn it, I've asked - and my doctor told me it's their policy that if I'm healthy and the baby is healthy there is no reason to do one until past 17 weeks. Of course I WANT to see him/her, but I can't make a hospital change their policy over night. PLUS, I can't be the only one because I have heard multiple stories about women that didn't find out they were having twins until they went to find out the sex of the baby and I hate to break it to ya, but they are at least 17 weeks along when they go for that. Ugh! I feel better.

Annnd I'm officially ready for fall. Even though we're headed to the beach with the in-laws the whole week of labor day - when I get home I'm ready to wear a hoodie and snuggle up with a blanket. Though I'm totally sure that I'll be wishing this warmth back in about January - I'm tired of the heat. Football games. Fall leaves. Crisp Air. Can't wait.

3 comments:

~Mike & Allyson~ said...

Can't wait to find our what y'all are having! Oh, and come Jan 2010 you will be THANKFUL for the cold crisp air since you'll be 8 months preggers with an internal body temp like never before! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you to find out! And lucky you having the appt so early. The doc actually had to push my appt back by like 2 hours and I was FREAKING out lol. :) I say girl, btw! Did I already say that?
And you'd better slow down and relax Mama because you're gonna need all the energy you can get in the coming months!
Registering and being at Babies R Us every other weekend was one of my favorite pregnancy pasttimes. :)

I'm so beyond ready for fall too. Nothing compares to a good ole comfy hoodie!

Amber said...

I can't believe you are already 4 months pregnant & I can't wait to hear the sex of your lil peanut!!!!
So exciting!

And I'm definitely ready for some cooler temps too! I don't know if I'm ready for freezing temps, but any drop in temp. right now will be good!