Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm baaack.

Nate and I just spent a wonderful weekend at Garden City Beach with family. It has been a while (if ever) since I have actually taken a whole Saturday to Saturday off and gone on a vacation. It was relaxing and nice, but like all vacations it flew by and well, I missed my dog. Luckily, my chocolate dog is still in one piece and not lost like I kept worrying she would be. My housesitter was great, and life is back to normal.

On our way out, we decided to stop at the Tanger Outlets at North Myrtle to shop at the baby outlets. Oh. My. Gosh. Now I REALLY can't wait for peanut to get here! We got the cutest little outfits. I can't believe it, but it's already time to start talking about showers, buying the crib, and names! We have yet to come to a name that we just love, so we're going to keep thinking and looking through our 50,001 baby name book. haha

I also got a jump start on my maternity wardrobe. I'm very fortunate and up to this past week I have been able to wear most of my regular clothes (some with the help of a magical bella band) but I need to start making the transition now. I got cute dresses, 2 pair of jeans (maternity jeans are the jam,) black dress pants and a few tops to mix and match. It's just extremely frustrating to walk in to your closet and not feel like you can't (or should) wear anything in there! Hopefully that won't happen so much now!

Here's a belly pic at 18 weeks:


I prefer you to see it this way:

Reminder: my eyes look so sleepy because, well - I hadn't slept very good the night before because I was so anxious to know what my peanut was! When I got in from my ultrasound on the 4th - my lovely cubemate had filled my office with pink and blue balloons. It was so sweet! Funny story - as soon as I got there and annouced it was a boy the pink balloons started falling as noted in the u upper left hand corner of this picture. It was like they knew they weren't needed! One even made an attempt to leave my office! It was the craziest thing!
I hope everyone has a good week!

3 comments:

Amber said...

i'm glad you had a great time! it's good to get away every now & again!

i looove those outlets @ NMB. i always spend too much there!

peanut is just-a-growing! & i know i've said this a bazillion times, but you & your baby bump are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I love the outlets! I can never stay away from the Coach outlets, though, so I don't get to buy much else. Lol.
And maternity jeans are the bestest things everrrr. I don't have to wear them anymore (thankfully) but I occasionally do wear this one pair because I like the color of the jeans and they are wonderfully comfy. :)
He is getting so big! I am so happy for you. Pick names soon! :) You're just getting to the fun part... the registering, the showers, the nursery! Awww! Makes me want to be preggers again.
Have fun with it! ;)

Michelle said...

A vacation is never long enough, even when you stay home.

I've been buying my sister baby clothes and it's made me want a baby something bad! :)