Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Four! or Fore! Whichever.

Today I decided to take a personal day and go to the Quail Hollow Championship for the Pro/Am event. My brother-in-law got us the hookup with some free tickets and off we went. And looky who I saw....


Yup, that's Tiger Woods - about 10/15 feet from me.

It's true though, he does not sign any autographs and basically has no crowd interaction. Which is unfortunate because he was teamed up with Peyton Manning who was a real crowd pleaser and would sign autographs and joke around with everyone. In Tiger's defense, he is pretty dang good at what he does, and has a tournament to practice for.

Whether you are impressed or not with el tigre, golf is the bomb. I know you lovely ladies may be thinking "no freaking way, that shiz is boring," but I promise, in person - it's awesome! You basically drink mass quantities of beer ($6.50 a pop = highway robbery) and walk around a beautiful course and see some famous people. I love it.

I did see a poor lady get hit right in the right boob with a golf ball (ouch!) but she took it like a champ and just got a picture with the guy who hit her, held his club, stole a hug and was all better. (Though I did hear her ask someone to massage the wounded area. haha)

Other than the beating our wallets took from the expensive beer and food - it was a great time!

3 comments:

husband said...

I'm drunk as not as you am I think... ha ha ha

Amber said...

i've actually been wanting to go! i would always go with my dad to play golf when i was little & i loved it.

glad you had some booze & fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is highway robbery.

The BOOB? Good LORD. Of all things...