Before my thousands-of-miles trip to London, I decided it was time to purchase a new book. I've lost interest in Marley & Me and Wicked which I've picked up off and on for a while now and I don't really like to re-read things. I had no idea what to get - Harry Potter and Twilight are done and nothing else seems to be interesting enough. I had heard that "Bitter is the New Black" was really funny, so I got that for my sister and bought the second memoir from Jen Lancaster, "Bright Lights, Big Ass" for myself and it. is. hilarious.
The book is (as noted above) a memoir about this ex-sorority, wealthy girl from the dot-com era, as she calls it, who suffers a lay-off and goes from wearing Prada and Gucci to being forced to sell it all so she can pay rent and eat. While that situation is not funny at all - she makes it out to be. I have never "laughed out loud" at a book before and I feel quite dumb when I do it, but it's just that funny.
I know most of my blog readers are always looking for a good find and recommending new books to me so I thought I'd share! It's not my typical read, but I love it and recommend it to you! I'll definitely be forcing Melissa to trade with me once she's done with Bitter.
2 comments:
I just might have to get that book after I finish the ones I'm reading! I've never read a book that actually made me literally lol!
Books make me lol all the time. Does that make me a loser?!
Post a Comment