A few months ago after the Quail Hollow Championship, I made the comment to my sister (in front of Nate) that there were some fine speci-mine playing in the golf tournament...including Tiger who is built like a freaking machine.
Nate, out of haste and a little jealously, quipped back, "well there are a lot of fine speci-mine watching the golf tournament, too."
I was so mad I couldn't see straight in all of about .04 seconds. I stormed to the bedroom (hey, I can be dramatic sometimes! besides, it was late) to pout and prove my point. Nate reluctantly came to bed, much later I might add, to apologize/figure-out-what-the-hell-I-was-mad-at-him-for.
Guys, it's not the same thing. It's just not. Stay with me for a minute - I turned it around on him (like is the womanly thing to do, right?) and said, "Okay, we go to the Carrie Underwood concert...she's hot. I know she's hot. And you look at me and say, Wow - she's really hot." Point taken, point understood, point agreed.
But you look at me with those same glassy eyes and Bud Light all over your shirt and say, "whoa that blonde over there next to us with that mini-skirt and cowboy boots...wow- she's really hot" ... you're gonna get your butt left dazed and confused RIGHT fast.
Now he's starting to see my point.
Me saying Johnny Depp is my future ex-husband is SO not the same thing as staring down some cut lifeguard at the beach. Not. the. same.
I argue the difference is: attainability. Tiger Woods - not gonna happen. Carrie Underwood - never in a million years. Johnny Depp - only in my dreams.
Drunk Girl at the Concert - easy win with the right words and a little more alcohol. That Handsome Lifeguard - mine if you give me time and maybe a little alcohol. Attainability.
According to him, the fact that he WOULDN'T go after a lady-of-the-loose-sort wearing stripper shoes and a short skirt at a golf tournament was supposedly enough for me not to be jealous of him saying it. Yeah...I still don't think he shoulda said it! (I probably should not have said MY comment in front of him either...but that is so not the point!)
Am I a totally crazy, selfish, jealous weirdo? Or what?!
*Sorry to call you out, babe! I'm quiet sure I've done the same thing to you - just makin' conversation - it's that writer's block, you know. :)
4 comments:
Totally agree...guys don't catch on about that one too fast!
We used to just make comments about celebrities, but now we make comments about random people. He talks about a girl being hot and I will comment about how hot she is too! and then i will talk about how hot a guy is, but he will definitely not agree that any guy is hot....lol!
Hahaha.
I agree with your theory of attainability. Thats what it is for me, too. But I still get a lil jealous when Nate says how pretty/hot celebrities are too. Heehee.
And honey, you wouldn't need to give that lifeguard alcohol for you to get him. You're hot stuff!
I think sometimes it is worse catching your guy watching a hot girl walk by. I mean I see cute guys, but I dont make it noticable when I am look at them....
Lisa E
Jessica! I should read your blog more often! You and your writing never cease to woo me! :-)
Post a Comment