Sometimes it just sucks to be female. I mean just sucks. I feel like men could not possible imagine, or go through for that matter, some of the things we have to endure on a day to day basis. I can, however, recall on several occasions my husband saying, “that’s why I’m glad I’m a man” after I complain that it feels like someone is literally punching me in the uterus or something of that nature. A few examples of this suck-ness follow:
1. PMS - Not that this needs any explanation, but having violent mood swings with no logical explanation is rather hard to explain to the male species. If I never had PMS, I would never fight with my husband. Ever. That is the only time of the month that everything anyone does has the potential to piss me off royally.
2. Birthing children – Pain, ripping, pain, tearing, pain, oh my gosh I’m gonna throw up. I haven’t even experienced this yet, but it scares the bajeeezus out of me. (This, by the way, is also on my list of the perks of being a woman – it’s something that only women can do and creates a bond between you and that child that only you can share.)
3. The Glass Ceiling. No explanation needed.
4. Having to SIT to use the restroom. While I have no desire to try it standing up with my current anatomy, there are times (concerts, public events, anywhere where a port-a-john is involved) where it would just be easier if you could STAND and handle your business. No touching icky toilet seats, no playing the hover game, just stand and go.
5. The “wifely” duties: While this is not a problem in my house, as Nate helps with all the chores, I’m sure there are women out there who absolutely hate the fact that it is “their” expected responsibility to cook, clean, do the dishes, bathe the kids, help them with their homework etc. etc.
6. Constant sex object: Sometimes being whistled at, or a noticeable look can be flattering and make a woman feel good about herself. But, when this stare lasts a little too long or goes to the wrong places you go from flattered to violated. AND, some men in bar situations feel that it is okay to touch as well. Oh no, no, no, no. That's a really good way to get yourself slapped, men!
Though all of the above are perceived negative, women also have a distinct ability to turn their unique qualities to their advantage. Sex appeal is a plus when trying to get your way, and "hey do this I'm pregnant" can't be all that bad :)
Anything else that drives you crazy, ladies?
4 comments:
haha i totally agree! :)
I enjoyed the "hover game" comment...never heard it put like that.
i tried 4 times leaving you a comment, but every time this page would close! I will try to comment tomorrow! I love your blog
lisa edwards
Ok, let me try this again! I totally agree with you that being a women sucks! I hate how overly emotional I get that one time of the month not to mention how easily frustrated I become. I hate feeling that there are knives in my uterus. I ask my self every month, why God did you make me a girl? I feel sorry for the man I marry. I hope he is prepared! But I feel that every man needs to realize what we go through and it is not fair to us. We can't control our hormones, emotions, or pain.
As for Child bearing, I think its a miraculas experience. I am terrified of the Pain, but it is amazing how we carry this life in side of us and how dependent they are on us. However it would be nice if the man could share some of the pain.
I enjoy your blog and you are great writer! have a great christmas!
lisa E
Post a Comment