I am not exactly what you would call the “healthiest eater,” but am by no means the worst eater either. I rarely eat chocolate, I don’t like cake or candy, and I don’t indulge in random foods that aren’t good for me. But friends let me tell you – all those rumors about gaining weight when you get married, are true!!
So true. I blame it mostly on the fact that I’m very happy, and rarely (thankfully) have anxiety anymore. (When I have anxiety it’s hard for me to eat a lot.) But, I assessed what could have possibly caused this weight gain that might be my fault, other than the “freshman fifteen of marriage.” Watch me eat ONE time, and I think you might figure it out.
First of all, I eat ENTIRELY too fast. We’re talking five minutes and I’m D-U-N. At our work Thanksgiving potluck I cleared my plate before most of them had even got started on their turkey. It was pointed out for all to see. Next, I eat like a horse. Since I married Nate, I eat like Nate who is 8 inches taller than me and rightfully weighs more. For some reason my mind thinks that it’s cool for me to go back for seconds and thirds just ‘cuz, and because I eat so fast my body doesn’t register that I’m full! Lord help me.
So I shared my assessment with Nate, and explained to him how, “Well you know your main dish is only supposed to be the size of your fist.” He died laughing, and said that he had never, ever heard that. I mean am I crazy? I know that that’s true! So I have made it my goal to SLOW the heck down when I’m eating, and perhaps maybe I won’t overeat!!
I hope those of you who know me understand my lightheartedness in this. I am NOT trying to lose weight, or say that I’m fat by any means. I’ve just noticed something that could potential cause problems in the future, and that is unhealthy. After all, I’m pretty dang small, and there is no reason I should be chowin’ down on a Shaquille O’Neal fist-sized steak!
No comments:
Post a Comment