There is nothing sadder than a naked Christmas tree with no presents under it on December 26th. It's the sure sign that the Christmas Season is over, and it breaks my heart.
All of the anticipation of, "did I buy him enough presents" or, "I really hope she likes that" is over, and all secrets are revealed. Bittersweet day. I've been known to complain that they start the Christmas songs and decorations a little to early, but now I don't want it to be over!
Christmas can be so stressful, but this year Nate and I just decided to go with the flow. To relax and enjoy the family that we were with, while we were with them. It was wonderful, and we spread our family time equally. I really had a wonderful Christmas, and could not be more thankful. Nate and my Mom spoiled the heck out of me. (Thanks, again!)
Here I sit on Sunday night, constantly thinking that work starts again tomorrow. I have slept in until 11:00 every day except for Christmas since last Wednesday, and 7:00 a.m. is going to come really early. (Hey, I needed my beauty rest, okay?!)
I'm pretty sure it has been scientifically proven that Christmas brings the blues, and I'm pretty sure that I have them! Positive note - it does seem that time flies even faster these days, and before you know it, it will be Christmas 2009.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and I wish you a Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment