Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A look back on '08.

It’s hard to believe another year is just around the corner! Thinking back to how Nate and I spent last New Year’s Eve it feels so far away, but yet not that long ago. Last NYE sucked. Royally. I have made it my goal this year not to allow that to happen. I kinda think New Years Eve is overrated anyway. Perhaps it’s because I’m over going out to bars and clubs, but having to get extra dressed up to go out and count down with people who are obliterated out of their minds is just not fun for me.

My ideal night will involve a glass of wine, my husband, and a few close friends. Maybe, just maybe, that will happen tomorrow night.

2008 had some definite highs: Nate and I moved from a one bedroom apartment (that I love and miss dearly!) to our first home, we went to ALASKA, got our first dog, I got a new job, we celebrated one whole year of marriage, and for the most part had wonderful health. We are blessed, and thankful.

There were also a few lows, particularly in the latter part of the year: I was in two car accidents, one involving a spawn of Satan, I have completely lost touch with one of my closest friends against my own will, and my Grandmama passed away. But I guess you’ve got to have the lows to appreciate the highs, right?

2009 only promises to be better. Eventually Nate and I will decide it’s time to expand our family (not yet though, don’t get too excited) and there are promises of cruises with friends, possibly a trip to New York, and I can’t wait to get more into writing and cake decorating.

I rarely, if ever, make New Year’s resolutions (I don’t feel like you should have to wait until a certain date to start something that you truly want to do for yourself,) but this year I’ve decided to make just one. I am going to start saving more money, and I mean it. It’s perfect because pay day is this Friday, and I’ll get the chance to make my first deposit into the savings account in a long time! Even if it means having it set up as a direct deposit straight out of my check I am going to save money, damn it.

So, what about y'all? Any resolutions this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, i got really excited there for a minute and thought you were gonna be trying for a baby this year... darn! :( lol.