Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas, already?

While riding to dinner on Monday night, I couldn’t help but notice a few homes with Christmas lights already up. Yes, in early November! One particular house was completely decked out – blow up snow globe in the front yard and all. These people take their Santa duty seriously.

If you have been anywhere near a Wal Mart, Lowe’s, or Target you have seen that the lights, trees, and random tacky snow globes (like the one mentioned above) are already out. This year I have decided I am NOT going to have a problem with these early birds anymore.

Last year, the day after Halloween the Christmas music started on the radio, and it made me mad. I felt like Thanksgiving was getting gypped, and it just made me grouchy. Rather than letting it ruin my month, I’m just going to embrace it. Enjoy the early Christmas sales, and just turn the channel when radio stations play Christmas music. Not quite ready to Deck the Halls just yet.

Even though its here two months early, Christmas really only comes once a year and when it’s over, it’s over. Nothing is sadder than a dying Christmas tree with all the presents gone from underneath it. So bring on the Christmas cheer, just don’t play Silent Night just yet…

Come December though, there will be Ugly Christmas Sweater parties, a decorated house - Clark Griswold style, and lots of presents to go around! Let’s just get through Thanksgiving first!

No comments: