Last night before passing out in a near coma (I’ve been sleeping like a rock lately, and am tired all day) I was flipping through the channels when I stumbled across several reality TV shows. After seeing Sharon Osbourne listen to a trashy girl complain about another bratty girl in the house, I found the lovely Paris Hilton BFF show. Oh. My. God.
It was likely watching a very painful train wreck. Last nights episode (I’m assuming a re-run?) showed Paris down to four tentative “BFF’s.” I happened to turn it on as the elimination was occurring. Here sits Paris in this magnificent chair, beautiful no doubt, but whining to the girls about how her feelings were hurt because she didn’t think the one girl wanted to be there. Boo freaking hoo.
REALITY CHECK: No one, no matter how much money, no matter how much fame, is worth having to go through the things these girls have had to do. Being Paris Hilton’s new BFF should not be your ultimate goal in life.
The girl was kicked off and Paris said “TTYS” rather than her usual “TTYN” (talk to you never, maybe?) because she really liked this girl apparently. When the show cut to the girl crying her little eyes out because she had been kicked off that was all I could take, and I turned the channel. I mean, REALLY? How, I ask, is this television!?
I know some people love it, and call it a “guilty pleasure.” I personally think it’s dumb and condescending. Up until I graduated college I very rarely watched TV, so maybe I’m not the best judge but there are SO many things you can do with your life than watch this crap. All it does is help talentless, bitchy, and otherwise complete boring people get really rich for nothing. Talk about your American dream. Now go watch the Discovery Channel and learn something!
It was likely watching a very painful train wreck. Last nights episode (I’m assuming a re-run?) showed Paris down to four tentative “BFF’s.” I happened to turn it on as the elimination was occurring. Here sits Paris in this magnificent chair, beautiful no doubt, but whining to the girls about how her feelings were hurt because she didn’t think the one girl wanted to be there. Boo freaking hoo.
REALITY CHECK: No one, no matter how much money, no matter how much fame, is worth having to go through the things these girls have had to do. Being Paris Hilton’s new BFF should not be your ultimate goal in life.
The girl was kicked off and Paris said “TTYS” rather than her usual “TTYN” (talk to you never, maybe?) because she really liked this girl apparently. When the show cut to the girl crying her little eyes out because she had been kicked off that was all I could take, and I turned the channel. I mean, REALLY? How, I ask, is this television!?
I know some people love it, and call it a “guilty pleasure.” I personally think it’s dumb and condescending. Up until I graduated college I very rarely watched TV, so maybe I’m not the best judge but there are SO many things you can do with your life than watch this crap. All it does is help talentless, bitchy, and otherwise complete boring people get really rich for nothing. Talk about your American dream. Now go watch the Discovery Channel and learn something!
No comments:
Post a Comment