Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year.

Happy New Year, everyone!

A new year, for all new adventures - and I just had my first new experience of '09. Nate and I just got back from deer hunting! I grew up with a Daddy that hunted, so having a husband that does is just natural. I, however, had never been before.

Contrary to what you may think, it's really not boring! It's actually really exciting. Once we got all suited up (I looked like a giant leaf) we walked to the field we were hunting. Rather than risking my life in a tree stand, Nate decided we should just sit on the ground. So we perched beside a hay bail and waited...

And waited. The deer were smarter than we were this time, and none came out in the open. We did hear a few things walking through the woods, and definitely jumped a deer when we were headed back to the truck. Unfortunately, today is the last day of deer season in North Carolina, so I'll have to wait until this November to go again.

Since Nate and I got together, I have become somewhat of an outdoors-woman so to speak. I have bass fished my whole life, but Nate introduced me to fly fishing when we went to Alaska, and now I've been hunting! Just checking some things off of my list of things to do in life!

The real question of the day is - if one would have walked out, would I have had the guts to shoot it! Not so sure, but hey I never thought I dress up like a leaf and go sit on the ground either!

No comments: