Yesterday was a defining moment in the history of the United States. Our first African-American President has been elected. I congratulate him! This morning I woke up to tons of Facebook status’s stating whether or not they were pleased with the election. Some people say they are moving to another country, others are so happy they are crying. It’s divided straight down the middle.
What I do know is that no matter who you voted for yesterday, today is the time to stand together. People fear change, and a black, former Muslim no doubt brings fear into some hearts. Myself included. But after watching his acceptance speech I have nothing but happiness and encouragement for him. This man deserves a chance to run our country. If perhaps a trial comes while he is in office and he fails miserably – only then hate him, only then blame him. As for now we need to look at him as a clean slate and move forward. Like it or not, he is your President and it is time to support him.
I have heard people say they are going to hang their flag upside down, or wear all black today for the death of our country. That is selfish and quite frankly, it’s stupid. We’re all nervous right now, but I totally believe that God has a plan at all times. This is very obviously his plan right now. God did not forget us yesterday, he was there for every second. So let’s trust His decision and move forward.
As for John McCain - good run, buddy! If you have not taken the time to watch his concession speech, please do so. McCain set the tone for the positive attitude that will allow us to move forward in a way that will be productive and prosperous for us all. It’s time to let go of the harsh feelings and join together as One Nation, Under God.
What I do know is that no matter who you voted for yesterday, today is the time to stand together. People fear change, and a black, former Muslim no doubt brings fear into some hearts. Myself included. But after watching his acceptance speech I have nothing but happiness and encouragement for him. This man deserves a chance to run our country. If perhaps a trial comes while he is in office and he fails miserably – only then hate him, only then blame him. As for now we need to look at him as a clean slate and move forward. Like it or not, he is your President and it is time to support him.
I have heard people say they are going to hang their flag upside down, or wear all black today for the death of our country. That is selfish and quite frankly, it’s stupid. We’re all nervous right now, but I totally believe that God has a plan at all times. This is very obviously his plan right now. God did not forget us yesterday, he was there for every second. So let’s trust His decision and move forward.
As for John McCain - good run, buddy! If you have not taken the time to watch his concession speech, please do so. McCain set the tone for the positive attitude that will allow us to move forward in a way that will be productive and prosperous for us all. It’s time to let go of the harsh feelings and join together as One Nation, Under God.
I am Jessica, and I approve this message.
1 comment:
the last line made me giggle. :)
->melissa
Post a Comment