All of this talk about "bail outs" is making me sick. Was I seeing things correctly last night when I saw "the porn industry bailout" across the bottom of the screen on Larry King Live? Sick. Sick. Sick. Does Jenna Jamison really need more money? Really?
Congratulations corporate America, you screwed up big time, and we the tax payers are going to fix it for you. Fantastic.
My Dad told me about a month ago he saw an article that stated that the amount of money they have given to the auto industry, insurance industry, and God knows who or what else, when evenly divided among all citizens of the United States, would amount to $100,000.00 EACH. And that doesn't even include Mr. Obama's grand bail out numbers. We're talking a lot of green paper here, folks.
Here's an idea Washington - give every legal American citizen $100,000.00 and I can promise, guarantee, and pinky swear that that will stimulate the economy. Most Americans are materialistic and would go straight to the malls. Sure a few, maybe even 30% would save it all, or use it to pay off debt. But the overwhelming majority, I feel, would blow it. On cars, clothes, dinners out, vacations, and maybe even porn (if that really "helps" the economy somehow).
Chew on that thought for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment