Friday, January 23, 2009

Nerdlicious.

Here's the scenario: At lunch with a few friends. I get my change back from the waiter and happily alert everyone at the table that, "oo I don't have that quarter yet!" Yes, I collect the state quarters, and yes I'm aware that that lowers my cool points.

Got me thinking though - I am nerdlicious in many ways. In fact, I think of myself as an undercover nerd who occasionally forgets that things that excite me are weird to other people. So rather than hiding them, I shall shamelessly tell you some of the nerdy things that I do. (And would love to hear your confessions as well!)

1. I collect state quarters. I have the big fold out map where you put all of them in their correct spot. (I acquired Hawaii today.)

2. I put puzzles together on a fairly regular basis. Even decide which one I will do according to the season. (Christmas, summer etc.)

3. I love word finds. My grandma got me into these when I was like 5 and I've never gotten over the excitement of finding each word. (I can also thank her for getting me into puzzles.)

4. I love video games. Give me Mario and I'm happy for hours.

5. Seeing eclipses, other planets, and the space station are all monumental events in my life.

6. I obsessed over Harry Potter. And still do occasionally. Some of you may think this isn't nerdy, but there are nay-sayers who think it's ridiculous. I'm working on becoming a Twilight nerd, too.

I know that there are plenty more nerd qualities that I possess, but that's all I'm willing to divulge at this point. Out of my few faithful readers, some of you are bound to have this nerdy-ness as well, and my feelings just might get hurt if you don't share. So let's hear it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I myself am a complete Harry Potter AND Twilight nerd. So much so that I desperately want to own a Harry Potter wand and a Twilight poster to hang in my bedroom... Of course my husband wont allow either.

I'm a total nerd about a zillion things, but worse than that, I truly feel as though I am an 80 year old lady trapped in a 23 year old's body. Seriously.

Amber said...

I love word finds too. My fiance & I will actually race each other on who can find all the words the fastest...yeah we really are nerds. I also love sudoku & crosswords (even if I never fill out a whole crossword puzzle!)

I'm a huge twilight nerd & I LOVE reading. I read books then analyze the book and the wording. I would more than likely enjoy a good book club! You are definitely not the only "nerdlicious" person out there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Jess you are not alone in your nerdiness. I too am a a complete Harry Potter freak and extend the invitation to play harry Potter scene-it anytime. Twilight is also an obsession of mine. I love word puzzles, cross-words and sudoku. I go as far as as to buy the books of the them at the store and take them to work. Also, I truly enjoy watching jeopardy to see if I am smarter than the contestants lol. I love trivia! there are too many more things to mention. I am truly a nerd and very happy to be one!